The ADFlib Page
a free, portable and open implementation of the Amiga filesystem
- 21 feb 2013 : Toni Giorgino created a Github project.
with ADFlib 0.7.12 (64 bits compatible).
- 14 Mar 2010 : Pyadf, a python wrapper for ADFlib by Chris Clark (uses CVS version).
Warning CVS version is old (August 2004) and do not contain alternative (unoffical) versions (sorry no time for a merge and testing). Please check:
- unadf_2010_0209.c. by Galt Barber. See Changes. 6 Feb 2010
- adflib_freebsd-64bits.tgz. Philippe Anel, 11 Apr 2006. Seems based on ADFlib 0.7.9d (Oct2002) !
- 20 Mar 2008 : ADFlib 0.7.12. See Changelog. Latest one and based on 0.7.11a, not fully tested.
- 23 Jan 2007 : minor ADF FAQ update (now in v1.12). Thanks to Keith Monahan. See his USB floppy controller project to read Amiga floppies.
- 20 Jan 2007 : minor ADFlib updates (to version 0.7.11a). Makefile fixes. GPL License included. C++ adfwrapper.h by Bjarke Viksoe included.
- 31 Mar 2006 : minor ADFlib updates (to version 0.7.11) to compile properly under Cygwin and gcc 3.4.4
- 6 Mar 2005 : AmigaDX
is a Total Commander plug-in that uses ADFLib.
ADF Format document updated to version 1.11
- 15 apr 2004 : lastest source code (beta) available
via CVS on sourceforge
- nov 2002 : soon on 27 nov 2001 : ADFView is using an improved version
(v0.7.9c) of ADFlib, soon online.
- Bugs fixes/additions by Bjarke :
- Better memory releases with real disks and dump files,
- 83 cylinders dumps support (back2roots.org request),
- Windows native driver update.
- Known bugs : write to a dircache filesystem is buggy.
Salvage implementation (not used in ADFView) is buggy.
- Anyway, since the 0.7.9a version the library seems very
stable, and native disk is known to work under NT4 and W2000.
- 16 jan 2001 : Bjarke Viksoe
wrote ADFview, a shell namespace extension based on ADFLib : here !
- 27 feb 2000 : ADFlib 0.7.9a released. Bug fixed by Dan
Sutherland some months ago. Gary Harris is now maintaining ADFOpus.
- 8 sep 1999 : ADF FAQ 1.09, ADFlib 0.7.9 and unADF
- 28 may 1999 : The ADF FAQ 1.07 released, thanks to Heiko Rath.
Links page updated.
- 21 apr 1999 : The real site is opened, with a decent design
and style : "frames but no frames".
- 14 jan 1999 : This page is created.
The Amiga filesystem is explained in the FAQ,
the features of the ADFlib are described here.